Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bow t-shirt tutorial

Tip Junkie handmade projects



First i started out with a regular white t-shirt... mine was an old one from f21 and v-neck.


The next step is cutting 4 pieces of fabric about 8 or 9 inches by 3 1/2 or 4 inches. These will be for the bows. Also you want to cut 4 small strips of fabric for the center of the bows.


You are going to want to fold the small strips and iron down the sides for the fabric will not fray.

Now it's time to make the bows. First fold the fabric long ways, and then the fat ways. (hotdog and hamburger)





Now, pinch the middle of the fabric.


Next, put a dot of hot glue on the backside of the bow and stick one of the small stips onto it.


wrap the strip around the bow and glue the end down. Now repeat these steps to all 4 of the bows... Now is time to make the actual shirt part, which is very easy. First you just arrange the bows how you want them and just sew them down. Make sure they are very secure.


Once you are done sewing you now have a cute new bow top. Personally I love the bows, but my fam was not too sure about them.



mine turned out a tad bit funky because the bottom 2 bows are a little far apart. o well it looks fine with a neclace.

8 comments:

  1. CUTE RACH!!! LIKEY...NOT ME... BUT LIKEY... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like that the two bottom ones are farther apart because it actually gives you a place for the necklace. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    I love your woodland theme. I found it through a linky party.
    I am starting my own linky party tomorrow! It's the first one. I would love it if you would participate! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
    Tina Watschke
    http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woodland theme? sorry for the mis-print! I love the bow shirt and I'm so happy that you linked up to 20 minute Tuesdays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i was wondering about that :) Thanks! i love your blog.... you have some great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveeeely tutorial! thank you so much for your kind words <3

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete